- To ensure field germination, avoid using seeds stored inadequately for lengthy period. Seeds stored under high moisture and temperature can lose their viability. Germination testing before planting could help.
- To tackle the seedling disease complex, higher rates of seed treatment containing mefenoxam, fludioxonil, metalaxyl, trifloxystrobin, either individually or in combinations of two fungicides need to be used for early planting or severe disease situations. To read more go to (Plan ahead to minimize rice seedling diseases).
- To minimize seed rotting and encourage emergence, plant high-quality seed treated with appropriate fungicides and insecticides.
- To maximize seed treatment value, make sure seeds are treated uniformly.
- To increase emergence and seedling vigor, particularly with cultivars with weak seedling vigor, Gibberellic acid seed treatment may be considered.
- To speed up emergence, avoid using poor quality seed.
- To have uniform emergence, correct low areas that puddle in your field.
- To maximize crop tolerance to diseases, correct nutrient deficiencies timely.
- To maintain active crop growth, temperatures need to be adequate for rice (leave this part for nature).
(Source – http://www.arkansas-crops.com/2014/04/17/seedling-disease-management/#sthash.t9ZXUIIy.dpuf)
Management tips to reduce rice seedling disease complex обновлено: July 14, 2014 автором: