Farmers should be aware of how map and sensor based- variable rate application works since these software’s are available to them to make their work easy during mapping or sensing. These application systems have both the pros and cons outlined below to assist farmers who would wish to know about the application systems.
The pros of Map-Based Variable-Rate Application
- Majority of the crop produced have their inputs installed and can be used with these systems. That is they are compatible and works well with no worries
- Farmers can perform several duties pertaining management and all this information can be stored in a database which can also be used for future use in rating the progress of the farm.
- A farmer is free to perform several sources of information by calculating variable-rate using the application and improving the expansion of the farm
- All controls of the farm are on the hand of the farmer since he or she is strongly involved in rating the application
- The farmer don’t have to travel severally in the field since they have been reduced by use of the application
The cons of Sensor-Based Variable Rate Application
- Some of the data analyzed can be lost when required like the pre-application data analysis
- The sensors are capable of producing some complicated resolutions than the normal sampling technique
- The application systems and the measurement experience no delay in time
- The applications comes in a package that is intact
Each application needs to be assigned the task intended as the innovations are still underway to improve the performance of the applications.